Are you decorating or redecorating your homes? Or Just want to add some little magic and life in your beautiful houses? Best way to add those magical touch in our homes is to add some artworks in our Collection.
Whether, it’s sculpture or paintings. Any form of artworks add more beauty to our house. Below I am sharing few tips and inspiration for curating walls and displays in your own homes?
- White frames are good to show the pop of colours in the artwork. If the artwork is small, you can get it framed in bigger size using wide mounts. White space around artworks makes the colours stand out in the artworks.
- You can also, grouped small artworks of similar themes or colours grouped together on the wall in an eye pleasing layout. For the pleasing Layout try to draw it on paper first. Take all your artworks on the floor and try arranging it in the different layout you drew on paper
- Keep all the frames same- if you are grouping multiple artworks on your wall. Try to keep all the frames same to give that cohesive look.
- You can select artworks based on the rooms you want to hang or display.
- For Bedroom – Something relaxing and peaceful. May be get cool and calming colours like Turquoise, sea blue.
- For Living Rooms- you can go for something vibrant, quirky, whimsical and full of positive energy.
- Also, don’t leave your hallways, stairways. You can decorate them with group of small paintings as mentioned above.
- If you have big rooms and more wall space you can go for big size canvas or framed paintings to be the focal point of your space.
- Kitchen- You can go for kitchen theme artworks or go completely opposite to give the conflicting and bold look.
- You can design your walls as per your home décor themes. It is good to stick with the same artist you like but there is no such rule. You can collect multiple artists work and give them designated walls in your homes. If these artist have similar style, you can mixed match the pieces or group them based on artist to display on your walls.
- Artworks in house are conversation starters for your guest. Think out of the box to hang or display. You don’t have to hang all artworks. Lean bigger pieces against the wall. You can also get those wall shelves to display artworks. You can display small artworks on those shelves with some art books and small sculptures to go with it.
If you need more visual inspiration, follow my Pinterest Moodboard. I will keep adding interesting compositions on this board. Here is the link to my Pinterest