Urvashi Patel Art Privacy & Cookies Policy
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a Europe-wide law that replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK. It is part of the wider package of reform to the data protection landscape that includes the Data Protection Bill. The GDPR sets out requirements for how organisations will need to handle personal data from 25 May 2018.
What information does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, which means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Consent of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous identification of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
- ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we? Urvashi Patel Art is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- What data do we collect? Urvashi Patel Art collects personal information which may include all or some of the following. Name, postal address, telephone/mobile number, email address, bank details, website address.
How do we process your personal data?
We may collect personal information about you when you engage with us for a number of reasons including when you: make a purchase; make an enquiry (e.g. about artists, commissions or general enquires); become a ‘Friend’; engage with our social media; make a donation; sign up to receive emails; book a class or workshop, or otherwise provide us with personal information that may be used to enhance your experience or enable us to provide a service to you.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number. We may also gather information about the use of our websites, such as which pages are most visited and which events or facilities are of most interest. We will use this information to improve our website and to ensure we provide the best services for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites. By submitting your details you enable us (and where applicable any suppliers we use) to provide you with the activities, goods, services, events or online content you select and any other related services Urvashi Patel Art may provide. We do not usually collect sensitive personal data from you unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
Your debit/credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase on our website, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Industry Data Security Standard.
How we may use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For internal recordkeeping
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted
- To provide you with information about our work or our events that you have agreed to receive
- To distribute Urvashi Patel Art newsletter
- To target communications and messages to you and to identify similar groups
- To use IP addresses to identify your approximate location, to block disruptive use, to record website traffic or to personalise the way our information is presented to you
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our site and to make it as user-friendly as possible
- To advise of other allied events which we believe will be relevant to or of interest to our members
- Where it is required or authorised by law
- For the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner for marketing purposes and do not opt out of receiving further marketing information. We may also send you service communications via email, for example where you placed an order for goods or services on our website. If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work, unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. You may opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails.
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Information sharing and disclosure
Urvashi Patel Art may share your personal information with the other entities, trading subsidiaries, suppliers or service providers to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us, for example, if you purchase a painting from our website, we will need to pass your details on to, a courier, in order to facilitate delivery.
Urvashi Patel Art complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about Urvashi Patel Arts events.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by the Information Commissioners Office* [see footnote for link]. Need to check this is correct!!
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
We will ensure that members’ personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect ONLINE
- Urvashi Patel Art Personal data is collected via the website. Urvashi Patel Art respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website.
Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
The following Consent statement will be placed on the website
|We would love to keep in touch with you about the work the Urvashi Patel Art is undertaking, including events, exhibitions and workshops via our email newsletter. By signing up to the newsletter you are giving Urvashi Patel Art permission to store and process your data. We will never sell your data and promise to keep your details safe and secure.You can opt out of receiving emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send you.
For further details on how your data is used and stored: www.urvashipatelart.co.uk
We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website. By continuing to engage with us through our services and our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes