Interior designers are so thoughtful about the use of colours as they know how colours can affect our moods as well as their effect on our brain and body. Colours have the capability to resonate with the frequencies of our mind and body. There are many colour therapy in practice to help us cure various mental and physical issues. Chromotherapy is one of them.
As per wikipedia.
From this I can agree as we need sun light to survive. Sunlight have spectrum of colours that are must to maintain the energy in our body. Each colour have its own frequency.
It is really interesting to learn about different colours. All colours give different feelings to different people. They have their own meaning or feelings associated with the colour.
Colour has played its role in beliefs as well. Black is considered evil and bad. Whereas Red is sign of good luck, love .But Red can also be sign of Danger, Anger.
Our feelings for colour changes with time as well. When I was young, I used to love Black and White but now, I love all colours. My taste changed even in Nail Paint :P. As a teenager, I used to paint my nails Black and Ink blue most of the time. Now, I have all shades of pink, red, purple.
I am not an interior designer but house wall colours play significant role as well. White or light colour walls gives the feeling of purity and less clutter to me.
If you are thinking to change interior, think about colours this time. Think about the colours of your walls, furniture and artworks to decorate it.
5 ways to select the artworks that resonate with positive energy
- Make a list of colours you are attracted to and write down feelings for each colours.
- Start looking at contemporary artists. Try to look around in different galleries near you or you can search online. Nowadays there are lots of option for you to browse Artists Online gallery on their website. You can Checkout my Gallery here https://www.urvashipatelart.co.uk/gallery/
- If you can’t find something you are looking for, try to speak with an artist for bespoke commissions that matches with your interiors and feelings.
- If the work you like of an artist is expensive, you can think of getting Limited Edition prints by the same artist.Limited edition prints are a great way to own a piece of art by an artist you admire.
- Consider Framing as well, You can get unframed paintings and get it framed according to your own requirements from framers or if you are giving commissions to an artist, speak with the artist about the kind of frame you would like.
Now, you just have to find the perfect spot in your house to hang the painting. Paintings hung at eye level are great.
Checkout more on colours on my podcast – Episode 12- Colour and it’s Importance. Link here https://anchor.fm/s/4998bf4/podcast/rss
Checkout Verywell Mind to read more about colour psuchology.https://www.verywellmind.com/color-psychology-2795824
Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromotherapy
To read more on Chromotherapy, visit Sunlighten here https://www.sunlighten.com/blog/chromotherapy-sauna-benefits-color-therapy-explained/